These are the recommendations of the US Centers for Disease Control for Coronavirus
TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
Stay home if you’re sick
Cover coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
The Company should clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboard toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Let’s stand together to make sure we all know the facts, and to make sure our health and our rights are protected.
Laundry, Distribution & Food Service Joint Board, Workers United, SEIU
703 McCarter Highway, Newark, NJ 07102 973-735-6464